Thursday, May 24, 2007

Screen Box Built and Hung, Nursery Begun
















This is the completed and mounted box/shelf/mantle that I built to conceal our projection screen. No fancy joinery, just a little glue and a lot of nails from a nail gun. I think it turned out pretty nicely. It is a foot deep, so we could put quite a lot of stuff up there, but we will probably just keep it simple. Still no projector, but there is no couch so it doesn't matter. First things first. I have put more pics in the Web Album, so take a look:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dryanlocker/DenRemodel

We have also recently begun work on the nursery. There is not too much to be done in there: strip wallpaper, re-texture, paint, new carpet, new light/fan, decorate. Thankfully this will be the first room yet that we have not had to strip down to the studs in any area. We will keep our fingers crossed. I have created a new Web Album for this room that will have new pics from time to time, so check back:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dryanlocker/NurseryRemodel

I am still working intermittently on the 'coffin' half bath. I still have to finish floating the walls out with mud, sand, texture, paint . . . I have just gotten so burnt out on mudding that I seem to be stuck on that stage. Once I get that done it should not take very long to finish.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ryan, I only wish I had been there to help paint this room. It looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

Well done guys!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.